Thursday, July 22, 2010

Where Is My Mind?

Jamie=Rhythmically challenged in the Circadian sense...

Summer vacation is taking its toll, fellows and fellowettes...

Slept from between seven and eight AM to a little after eight PM yesterday and have been awake since. I'm waiting for eight tonight to surrender my consciousness. It is an agonizing temptation to just go and have a lie-down, but NOOO! Self restraint! I am a monkette! Otherwise known as a nun! (I am neither of the two and do not intend to pursue such aspects in this Life.)

So tomorrow I have my Senior Portrait at 3:30 at skizool, which should be fun. Planning to wear one of my favorite shirts and a new choker I just made! I hope my minute smiling eyes can withstand the unforgiving technological scrutiny of a professional camera. Oh, with a dude/dudette behind it, telling it what to see.

Just something someone said that set me off: "Just because you say it's art doesn't mean it is." You're right. And it doesn't mean it's not, either. Our tastes don't often overlap, but I wouldn't say it's my call to question their status as artists just because I don't like them. Why does amateur musical knowledge get to a person's head so quickly? Why am I getting to be like that too?

I miss Laura now that she's with her dad in Illinois, and it wasn't until very recently that there was anything/anyone at all to suggest that it's weird that Laura and I don't normally talk during the summer...like, we just don't. We don't talk on the phone much during the rest of the year except to make plans...but at least this summer we're emailing, which is awesome. How am I going to do the long-distance friendship thing in college and beyond? Will I break my habits and subsequently break collegiate tradition and actually keep in touch? :-\

And I miss Adam from the couple of times we hung out. Thanks for the CDs; I'm reallly enjoying Pixies and Regina...not as much The Vaselines, I'm sad to say. I think we'd get along really well. Openness, writing, music, humility, and curly hair FTW!

My cat threw up in Lindsay's room last night...I cleaned it in exchange for Lindsay's guarantee that she won't take Grey with her when she moves in with dad. It wasn't that bad...that's, like, the third time I've cleaned up his frowup. It's cuter when it's called frowup, isn't it? O:-)

Usually when I'm quite overtired, time just freaking flies, but right now it feels like it's hardly moving...maybe I'll go to bed at seven rather than at eight if I don't end up hanging out with Sky. Ich bin muede, sogar kaputt. Oh yeah, I finally got the books for my summer German homework today. Huzzah! Deutsch Zeit!

Okay, shalom, mothafluffas. I shall not let any more locomotives leave this senseless station for the moment.

~James

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAY! U DIDNT TELL ME GRAY WOULD BE STAYING! IM SOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU :D

Also, am i the one who brought up how wierd it is that u and laura dont talk?
And the fact that what *** said is still with you is kind of interesting haha you're like a dog with a bone sometimes :p good thing it aint my bone <3